Baby Rafael Catfish with extended belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thursyanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think something's wrong with my baby Rafael catfish. I put a piece of zuccini(?) in the tank last night for him to munch on and I forgot and left it in overnight. I think he ate too much of it. His little belly is big and when I turned on the tank lights he was frantically swimming all over the tank instead of hiding like he usually does. The only other fish in there are 8 danios and they all look OK. It's a 55gal tank. I've had Rafael for a couple of weeks and he's always hiding in the morning except today. This is the first time I've fed veggies to them. Do you think he'll be OK?

I have two of them they are my fav fish he will proubly be ok when i first got my second raphael he had a huge belly straight from the lfs. you just have to remember not to over feed as he will eat and eat the little pig

I have two of them they are my fav fish he will proubly be ok when i first got my second raphael he had a huge belly straight from the lfs. you just have to remember not to over feed as he will eat and eat the little pig

Thanks! I'll have to remember that. At least he's still alive!!:)

He's good, thanks! He seems to have learned his lesson about overeating. Plus, I got a couple of eartheaters to help him out! These are his new tank mates. He actually came out of hiding last night to check them out and to make sure there was still food in the tank for him! LOL!!

Attachments

• 2013-02-16 17.52.00.jpg
    2013-02-16 17.52.00.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom