Badly nipped fins on betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last week I brought home a beautiful double tail betta from Petsmart to put in my 20 with neon tetras and a ram cichlid. Later he has been getting his fins nipped so i made a divider to divide my 5 that already had a betta in it, well the previous betta got over the divider and made his fins worse. I put him now in a 1/2 gallon bowl, I HATE bowls but I am planing on getting him a larger 3 gallon vase from Good Will and I'm treating him on Melafix (for the fin damage) and I saw ich on him from stress so Quick Cure (from Walmart). He is eating like a pig! Do you guys think his fins will get back to normal and be happy and heathy again in the future?

Last week I brought home a beautiful double tail betta from Petsmart to put in my 20 with neon tetras and a ram cichlid. Later he has been getting his fins nipped so i made a divider to divide my 5 that already had a betta in it, well the previous betta got over the divider and made his fins worse. I put him now in a 1/2 gallon bowl, I HATE bowls but I am planing on getting him a larger 3 gallon vase from Good Will and I'm treating him on Melafix (for the fin damage) and I saw ich on him from stress so Quick Cure (from Walmart). He is eating like a pig! Do you guys think his fins will get back to normal and be happy and heathy again in the future?

His fins will get back to normal but I hate to say that if he has ich then all of your tanks probably have it now. Ich is a parasite and isn't something that is determined by fish stress or not.

His fins will get back to normal but I hate to say that if he has ich then all of your tanks probably have it now. Ich is a parasite and isn't something that is determined by fish stress or not.

Thanks ill started treating the other tank

Back
Top Bottom