Battered Green Terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Woke up the other day to see that my Green Terror looked like he had been through the wars during the night.

Was very pale in colour, fins down, hiding at the back; very unlike him. Only a few scales missing, just looking very worse for wear.

A couple of days later he is looking better. Some colour back, fins slightly lifted and almost back to giving me grief when I have the audacity to walk past his tank.

The water is very clean, anything else I could be doing to help him out please?

Thank,
Simon.

Keep his water very healthy (some extra pwcs) & he should heal up just fine. You probably should address who is abusing him though because it sounds like your going to have a continueing problem. Good luck!

Not sure who could have got him, think everyone else might have mugged him for revengie on night!

He is getting there, but seems to have lost his edge, rather than coming up to me and giving grief he now goes and hides.

The silver dollars might be happier now!

4x2x2 @ 27c
2x Ehiem Pro 3 Large
1x Circulation pump (soon to get another)

2x large silver dollars
3x clown loach (2x large)
1x Spotted Cat
1x huge Plec
1x Large Terror

all other than the terror +10years old

One of his scales has now fallen off, leaving a tiny dab of a red spot behind.
Any additional steps to protect him please?

I am going to re-organise the tank tomorrow and create plenty of hiding spaces.
I can only guess that the godzilla of a plec is giving him grief at night; why after a year of being in there this has started is beyond me.

That was my thinking, but its more a case that when the lights go off he likes to have a huge splash about; create some over and let GT get some rest.

Do I need to treat the spot though please?

That was my thinking, but its more a case that when the lights go off he likes to have a huge splash about; create some over and let GT get some rest.

Do I need to treat the spot though please?

No treatment needed. Just keep the water healthy (a few extra water changes) and he will heal up on his own as long as he isnt getting more injuries. Just keep an eye on him. :)

Thank you,
He is back to trying to bust his way through the glass to me when I go into the room again :)

Back
Top Bottom