beat up tiger barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

looks like my tiger barbs had a seriously aggressive display of "who's the boss" while I was out of town and one is apparently the low man on the totem pole.

He is missing most of his caudal fin, and his pec fins are pretty ragged.

I moved him into QT.

1.) will his fins grow back?
2.) will i ever be able to put him back in with the school?
3.) what is a good course of treatment for his injuries?

Thanks
FP

i've had great success using mela-fix and pima-fix for fin repair in the past. use both together and just follow the instructions on the bottles. when some serpae tetras gave my angels a bunch of grief, that combo brought their fins back very quickly. hth!

do you think i can put him back in the school eventually or since he has already been ousted, will he be injured again in the future?

it could have just been abnormal behavior because mommy was gone ;) i would try putting him back in. maybe re-aquascape when you introduce him to distract his buddies...

How big is your tiger barb school? If you have less than 6 I'd add a few more so the agression is spread out more.

i have 6 greens, 4 regular tigers and 2 neon reds, so my school of just tigers is 10 + 2 neons

WELL...one of my africans got reallly reallyyy beat up by my yellow lab (arent they supposed to be docile!?) anyhow, I put him in qt and treated him until he was all rebuilt and ready to go and put him right back in the tank...the next day..he beat up the yellow lab and now everything is ok! haha...in other words...try putting him back!

Back
Top Bottom