Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm a little more confused now actually.

Your 10 gallon is cycled and has fish in it. You plan on taking the filter from that tank and using it on the 8 gallon. That leaves the 10 gallon with no filter and fish. Is that right?

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hholly View Post
He's pretty!
Thank you. My daughter picked him out. I didn't realize that the half moons were almost 14 dollars until I got to the register. Leave it to her to pick out the pricy one, lol. Again thanks for all the help, the water changes have been done on both tanks and I will continue to update. This site is awesome and I would be in pretty bad shape if I had only the fish stores info to go off of.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

Your 10 gallon is cycled and has fish in it. You plan on taking the filter from that tank and using it on the 8 gallon. That leaves the 10 gallon with no filter and fish. Is that right?
The 10 had two filters on it. I was confused too.

He is a really pretty betta. I guess I'm lucky that my LFS prices all their bettas well. The highest price I've seen was $7 for a pure white giant plakat.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post

The 10 gallon has an aqua tech power filter. It has a blue filter cartridge that I kept in the 10. It also has a smaller biofilter that goes in front of the blue filter. I took the smaller biofilter out and put it in the 8 gallon filter reservoir. I was just trying to get as much seeded material in the new tank to speed the bacteria growth along. No worries about being confused, I am as well and I am the one with the tanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

okey dokey then, thanks for the clarification
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just a quick update, fish is doing a lot better. He is very active today and I even got him to eat some frozen brine shrimp. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go well.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mab2000
Just a quick update, fish is doing a lot better. He is very active today and I even got him to eat some frozen brine shrimp. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go well.
Sounds like he's coming around that's awesome!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay! Good work!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

I hope he continues to perk up now, he really is a pretty boy.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yay! We love good news

Tags
behavior, betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com