Betta Bloat cure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female betta got bloat (internal fungus and over eating) she was in my 75g community tank. Long story short. What I did for a cure. I set up a 10g tank, filter(no carbon), air stone, and heater(82°)added Jungle fungus clear tablet 1per 10g. Let it dissolve. Then I put a breeder/hatchery inside the 10g. Put her in the breeder/hatchery box. Siphoned out some water to lower the water level enough for her to easily get air from the surface. Water level in breeder box was about 1"-2" very low. No feedings for 3 days. She didn't eat anyways. Treatment is for 4 days. 3rd day she ate and had no more pine cone scales and looked less of a mini whale. 4th day I did a water change 2@50% removed most meds and treated again. Took her out of the breeder box let her swim in the 10g. Cause she was swimming now. I did 2 treatments total at 4 days each. She's much better now and will be returning to home (75g)soon. I wanted to post this for those of you that have to deal with this. And let you know what worked for me. Imo. The biggest thing is keeping your fish at the top of the water to breathe from the surface while treating. Hope this helps ya.

Oh and for a heads up on this. The jungle fungus clear tabs will die your silicone and air hose. So, have a hospital tank or use a different medication if your worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom