Betta eats corydoras' algae wafers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whatsgoodm8

Aquarium Advice Regular
I joined the forum today and this is my first post [emoji28]. I'm not sure which country this website is based so I'd like to know if you guys prefer imperial or metric units.
So, I have 3 juvenile bronze cories and a male Betta. Few days ago my Betta tried an algae wafer and I guess he really liked it because he ate most of it and his belly was as big as a female guppy. I've tried feeding him at the surface as I throw in the wafer to distract him but after he's done with the pellets and worms, he goes straight for the algae wafers. He's been eating cories food for a few days and I think this kind of overeating will hurt him pretty soon. Do I give away my Betta to my LFS? I'm a broke 16 year old and as much as I love my Betta I can't afford to buy him another tank.

Feed them after you turn the lights out. I'd wait an hour after at least so your betta is more likely to be asleep.

You will need to feed cories more than jist algae wafers though, they make special wafers for 'bottom feeders'.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you for the reply. I mainly feed them Hikari Sinking Wafers and sometimes regular algae wafers. My tank is heavily planted, and I'm planning on adding java moss soon.

Back
Top Bottom