Betta eyes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babygirlflopam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Do my little guy's eyes look okay? As far as I can tell, they've looked like this since he was rehomed to me a few months ago....I don't think they have changed. I've recently bought a female Betta and her eyes are small and don't bug out at all. Here are some pics...IMG_4510.JPGIMG_4504.JPGIMG_4502.JPG

Hi there. This looks like fluid buildup behind the eyes. However that is usually a symptom of other disorders. As long as there are no other changes in behaviour or physical appearance, your fish should be ok and it might just be the way the fish looks. You should moniter the water parameters, appearance and behaviours of the fish closely for a few weeks just to be safe.

Hi there. This looks like fluid buildup behind the eyes. However that is usually a symptom of other disorders. As long as there are no other changes in behaviour or physical appearance, your fish should be ok and it might just be the way the fish looks. You should moniter the water parameters, appearance and behaviours of the fish closely for a few weeks just to be safe.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep it in mind. I think the water is good. I bought some test strips a few days and nothing pointed to stress ...but then I found out that the strips are unreliable. I'll keep checking. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom