Betta - Fin Loss? Fin Rot? Or Fin Nipping? Or is it something else!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he could cut pieces of his filter media off for you and you stick it in your filter, that would be great. Even if he has a decoration you could borrow for a couple weeks, and then give back.

Bought the Filter and some replacements. :D Now I just need to see if my friend will give me some gravel/ filter media.

Ohhh ok! And My friend i giving me some gravel from his tank. He doesn't want to cut up his filter cause its his last one. so When I get the gravel I put it in pantyhose inside of my filter right?

You can put it in your filter, or in the tank, and give it a squeeze every day. Make sure the pantyhose is brand new and has had no soap. ;)

Does it make a difference where I put it? is it better in the filter or not really? Can I just put in a cup.

I never put mine in the filter because there was no room. If you squeeze it once a day, it should get sucked up into the filter intake anyway. ;)
I don't know if I would put it in a cup, since you want the little particles to be able to float around freely.

So how long do you think it will take to cycle the tank again with a cup of abut 6-8 oz of healthy filter media and water from his tank?

I will just hang it in a pantyhose on the side of my tank and squeeze it out once a day. Sound good? Hopefully my fish will get better....

If the bacteria takes hold, you should be seeing results very soon. When I seed I usually move water, substrate and filter media from tank to tank to seed and never see uncycled readings. It's all about whether there was enough going on in the tank for the bacteria.

Oh alright. Well I do have rocks and water. No filter media though. So I hope it works out ok. Not that it has anything to do with the cycling. but my betta is getting some fin re-growth again.

Gosh I hope so! My bud was nice to have given me fish rocks. :p I have been carrying them at school. Lol. Good thing they are in a tubberware and ziploc. :D Going to add them to my tank when i get home tonight. :D

Back
Top Bottom