Betta fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
My betta in his 2 gallon bowl with filter has his fins looking weird see pic. What should I do and what is happening there are no other inhabitants in the tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436668311.336257.jpg there is a silk plant in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like fun rot. Do more frequent and massive water changes being sure to dechlorinate and temp. match the water you put in.

Get an API FW Master Test Kit, follow the directions, and keep your ammonia and nitrite at ZERO and nitrate at <5. If your tap water is higher than add live plants.

Good luck.

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

I do weekly water changes of 50% and water parameters are good.

I have had the same gravel with 2 other betta and nothing has ever happend.

You could be over feeding - which bumps up the nitrates in the end and burns their fins. You'll know for sure if you test your water.

I tested water and every thing was good.

It looks like fin rot. IDC what your tests say, any number of things could lead to faulty readings, it looks to be in the water quality.

And what specifically were your test findings? Good tells us nothing.

I would do a few emergency back to back 50-75% changes just so I was sure pollutants weren't present.

Any chance he got sucked onto the filter entrance?

My first fish was a Betta and looked just looked just like that because I didn't know to change the water more frequently.

Sent via an unladen European Swallow

Re reading my previous response it came off rather abrasive, sorry that wasn't my intent. It appears to be or have been a water quality issue, in small tanks things can spiral rather quickly. Your parameters could've gotten out of whack between water changes. I still stand by my position of increased water changes to help him heal, I'm not great with meds so I don't have any recommendations to help with healing but I believe just good water will get the job done, keep us posted.

I've used BettaFix in combination with LOTS of water changes. Not sure how much it helped by itself.

Back
Top Bottom