Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2004, 12:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Betta fish can't eat ?! -HELP !

Hi folks.

Need anyone's help here.

I've got a beautiful peach colored female betta fish. I've had the fish for about 5 months.

She got a fin bit at a while ago (from a male betta) and its taken a while to heal. No biggie as she was still herself.

Some symptoms of note.....
Lately she has been inactive. A scale that has seemed to protrude as if it wants to flake off. A faint uneven ridge around her body. Kinda hard to explain, I'd try a pic but than again it's so faint it may not even show.

Lastly, she had a few shakes as if she just swallowed a pebble that she wants to spit out. When I feed her favorite live blood worms she tried to eat them but couldn't as she just had the shakes again and spit them out. I took a close look at her mouth and it looked as if their "chapped"?!

I've queried these symptoms for typical betta diseases but no luck so far.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Is her mouth stuck open?
You mentioned only one fin sticking out--is she starting to look like a pine cone?

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

No pine cone effect on her. I've seen the pine cone images from what dropsy can bring on, but can there be a lesser form of this ?

I've had some brownish green algae I've been scraping off lately. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Her mouth is closed, but looks a little cracked and a tiny bit deformed.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here's a link to a betta forum. The first topic listed is 911 Emergency. Good luck.

http://www.deepbluebettas.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
cginflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, betta fish, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com