Betta fish can't eat ?! -HELP !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boothbrave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks.

Need anyone's help here.

I've got a beautiful peach colored female betta fish. I've had the fish for about 5 months.

She got a fin bit at a while ago (from a male betta) and its taken a while to heal. No biggie as she was still herself.

Some symptoms of note.....
Lately she has been inactive. A scale that has seemed to protrude as if it wants to flake off. A faint uneven ridge around her body. Kinda hard to explain, I'd try a pic but than again it's so faint it may not even show.

Lastly, she had a few shakes as if she just swallowed a pebble that she wants to spit out. When I feed her favorite live blood worms she tried to eat them but couldn't as she just had the shakes again and spit them out. I took a close look at her mouth and it looked as if their "chapped"?!

I've queried these symptoms for typical betta diseases but no luck so far.

Is her mouth stuck open?
You mentioned only one fin sticking out--is she starting to look like a pine cone?

No pine cone effect on her. I've seen the pine cone images from what dropsy can bring on, but can there be a lesser form of this ?

I've had some brownish green algae I've been scraping off lately. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Her mouth is closed, but looks a little cracked and a tiny bit deformed.

Back
Top Bottom