Betta Fish dying..Dire need of help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaggy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my betta fish is sick, he just lay down in his side down the bottom of the tank not eating, once I tap the tank he just thrust his way to the surface and just fall to the bottom again as if like a paper falling in the air. Help please..

Dont tap on the tank.. That just stresses them out. Do a partial water change on the tank.

How old is the betta, how long have you had it, what is your normal cleaning schedule like, and how big of a tank is it in?

Hi there,

How big is this tank? What are his tank mates if any? What are the ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? Does it have a filter and heater? Is it cycled?

I just recently had him, I guess his 5mo/old. When I bought him in the pet store he was just 3mo. he lives in 2.5gal tank. I partially changed his water every 4 days and and changed the whole water every 2 weeks though it is not a regimen, but that's my estimated intervals of water changes. I have no filter and heater but the temp is just ok coz i live in a tropical country. it's my first time to have a pet fish, so I have no idea on the ammonia, nitrate levels etc. I use dechlorinated and filtered water for my tank.

he doesn't have any tank mates. I already partially changed his water,put methyline blue (I don't know why though?) I also put a bubbler just on the surface of the water(not creating water disturbance) just to aerate the water coz I just think he cannot breathe coz he always stays at the bottom of the tank. I really have no idea on what I am doing.. sorry.

Do you use water conditioner when you do water changes? If not, heavy metals or chlorine could be an issue.

yeah, 2-3 drops. 2 days ago,I fed my betta a mosquito larvae, maybe that's bad for him?

Back
Top Bottom