betta fish sick :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so do i, he's actualy changed colors into more of a light blue which is a whole lot prettier than what he was before (like a pinkish white) although his head is still white.. he's truely unique lol

well this is him and ive never seen a betta like this before...

30472-albums1079-picture7544.jpg

thanks lol i just thought he was really unique at the pet store and he looked like a hippe so i named him ziggy, a hippieish name lol

Lol he does look like a hippo, ziggys a good name. Where'd you get him, what pet store. What kind of betta is he, king or fantail or what? Im not familiar with male betta breeds, I've only looked at females and such, lol.
thanks lol i just thought he was really unique at the pet store and he looked like a hippe so i named him ziggy, a hippieish name lol

i got him at petsmart and he is a veiltail (the cheapest one at $4 lol)

Lol I buy only (some exceptions) veiltail female bettas. There the cheapest at Petco too, 2.19. I buy them because they have the shortest tails and can tolerate stronger currents, and can swim fast enough to escape bullying fish, not that I would put beanie fish in the tank lol. Our Petco usually actually has some pretty good looking bettas.
i got him at petsmart and he is a veiltail (the cheapest one at $4 lol)

yeah, i was looking for a betta and was about to get a red one (ive always had dark blue) and saw ziggy way in the back and he looked AWSOME so i had to get him!

Lol I didn't plan on getting a betta when I got there, I had no intrest I bettas because I thought they were lazy aggressive fish that stay in cups and kill anything it touches, and just sits there, because for christmas my sister bought 2 male bettas and a .30g double tank, .15g for each betta. It died from being knocked off the shelf by the cat. I saw they were as they called it "making room for more inventory", so I decided to get one for my 1g. It was better than the cup, she stayed there for a month then o bought her a 29g lol. She's so spoiled! It's funny how she "hunts" the food, shell spy on the food then hide behind a rock and sneak up on it and then quickly charge at it lol! She thinks she's killer betta!
yeah, i was looking for a betta and was about to get a red one (ive always had dark blue) and saw ziggy way in the back and he looked AWSOME so i had to get him!

if you cant fit a shark in your tank get a female betta! lol
and about it being spoiled, arnt all women spoiled? :p

Those kind of bettas always remind me of jeans LOL. They do have a name for those markings, it's marble.
I bought one betta at Petco for $14, and he is awesome! He's a halfmoon, copper, and like a metallic gunmetal grey with red. I have 3 other bettas also, red, pink with red spots and a maroon/pink one. :) I love my boys!

Every time I go to Petco I look through all the bettas and see if they have any good ones. Even though I have no intent to bring any home. Lol
Those kind of bettas always remind me of jeans LOL. They do have a name for those markings, it's marble.
I bought one betta at Petco for $14, and he is awesome! He's a halfmoon, copper, and like a metallic gunmetal grey with red. I have 3 other bettas also, red, pink with red spots and a maroon/pink one. :) I love my boys!

Um do you know about the beneficial bacteria and cycle? Tearing the tank down and cleaning everything may have just done more bad than good. Good bacteria lives in the tank and eats ammonia and nitrite and turns it into nitrate. How many gallons and what kind of filter do you have, if you have a good bio filtration and you didn't clean the filter than that's good, if you did your going to have to start the cycle again. Do you have a test kit or can you get your water tested somehow? Hope he or she makes it.

Betta they don't need cycle water BTW. Betta can do fine in tap water that been treat.

What do you mean betta they don't need cycle water? I'm not referring to the product cycle I'm referring to the nitrogen cycle, which every fish needs.
Betta they don't need cycle water BTW. Betta can do fine in tap water that been treat.

As I say. Betta don't need water that been cycle.
All u do is fill the tank up, treat the water, put ur betta in there.

Um yeah they kinda do. Some really tough bettas cab survive the cycle but others will die off. Even if they do survive the cycle they still won't trive,they'll have constant pain and suffering, i mean you could live in a box filled with your own pea and poop and slowly die of ammonia poising. Sure they dont need it to survive, however they do need it to thrive. It's not as simple as fill the tank up with water and treat then put you betta in there, they're just like other fish just a little bit hardier, but that doesn't mean they should have to suffer just because there more tolerant of torture! I apologize if I seem rude I just feel that you don't understand that bettas are living fish, that can feel pain, and just because they can stand more pain than regular Gish doesn't mean they should have to. Once again I'm not trying to be rude, I apologize if it seems as if I am.
As I say. Betta don't need water that been cycle.
All u do is fill the tank up, treat the water, put ur betta in there.

Back
Top Bottom