Betta glass surfing, sitting on heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I finished cycling my 5 gallon with filter media from my 10 gallon, and turned it into a dirted tank. It's been up and running for about 2 or three weeks.

Today I got a crowntail Betta from the lfs and acclimated him by putting the bag in th water and adding water from the tank for 30 minutes. He seemed fine and very curious about the tank.

I noticed that the betta was swimming up and down the back glass, right above the heater. Is this normal?:confused:

Hello,

I finished cycling my 5 gallon with filter media from my 10 gallon, and turned it into a dirted tank. It's been up and running for about 2 or three weeks.

Today I got a crowntail Betta from the lfs and acclimated him by putting the bag in th water and adding water from the tank for 30 minutes. He seemed fine and very curious about the tank.

I noticed that the betta was swimming up and down the back glass, right above the heater. Is this normal?:confused:

Mine did that for a while while getting used to the tank. Lots to see you know :p Just keep an eye on him, he'll probably settle soon enough.

Resting?

Betta's love a place to sit and rest near the water surface. Maybe he is trying to figure out a way to rest on the heater. You definitely should buy a Banna leaf hammock from amazon. (most pet stores dont sell them)

He's acting a bit more normally now. I have a bunch of live plants and a betta hammock, but he doesn't seem to like song on those.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom