betta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I noticed after cleaning my bettas tank that he has a pale yellow spot on the back of his pectoral fin, it looks like you could pop it or like a blister? Could he have hurt himself? It's a 16 gallon ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5, 50% clean every 4 days shares his tank with his snails. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? He's still happy eating etc.

Sorry tried, it's hard to get with being behind his fin & he won't stay still long enough lol it just looks like a raised yellow blister like it would pop. Haven't seen one before?

I'm not sure either, been on the internet & read some just burst? Wondered if he's caught it on something even wondered if it's a burn of his thermostat. Thanks anyways.

shellyx said:
I'm not sure either, been on the internet & read some just burst? Wondered if he's caught it on something even wondered if it's a burn of his thermostat. Thanks anyways.

Your welcome sorry cant be much ill be following when somebody else chimes in with better info so i can learn as well

it may be a worm cyst, esp if there are snails with him as they are intermediate hosts for lots of worms... not sure how to treat it tho...

oscarchic11 said:
it may be a worm cyst, esp if there are snails with him as they are intermediate hosts for lots of worms... not sure how to treat it tho...

I,ll have a look on the internet see if I can find anything. Thanks :)

Had a look on the internet, all I found was when a betta bumps or hurts his fin he can develop a blister & it usual goes down itself. I'm wondering if the problem has come from having two filters in his tank at the moment & the current is to strong maybe bumped himself? Think I,ll remove the old one I put in when I upgraded his tank 6wks ago. Thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom