betta help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed my betta is struggling to get to the surface, he was fine 5mins ago i think he's swallowed my cories pellets his stomach is clearly swollen. I had lifted him up to the surface by my hand i don't know what else i can do for him. My paras are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5. Please advise me i don't want to lose him:(

Get some extra aeration going in the tank ( air pump) turn the temp up a bit and feed tiny bits of shelled peas

I have two filters running so there's plenty of oxygen, he's not looking good I'm very concerned i feel stupid for putting in extra pellets for my cories but this has never happened before. I, ll try the peas thank you

An improvement i got him to eat the pea and he's managed to come up for air. I will give him another pea tomorrow and fast him. Will my cories be ok for a couple of days without food? And any ideas how to stop this from happening again when I need to feed the cories? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

im so sorry to hear this, i know you must be so stressed, who would have thought PEAS help a swollen stomach?! thats nuts but so glad your guy got a little better, can you put him in shallow'er water so he doesn't have to try and swim up so he does not drown?

Stop feeding the whole tank until he has passed it all. Peas will help but also fill his digestive tract more. The cories will be fine. If he hasn't passed anything by tomorrow give him a Epsom salt bath. It's a laxative.

Thank you all for the help, i got up this morning and his stomach has gone down I'm so relieved! I'm going to fast him today as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom