Betta help pleaseeee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crewless

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta lost all its color hides all day long and wont eat :( its a 5 gallon tank with heater and filter o.o please help me :(

i have failed missrable in finding a proper test kit as test strips pardon my french but suck!

Crewless said:
My betta lost all its color hides all day long and wont eat :( its a 5 gallon tank with heater and filter o.o please help me :(

You can find API test kits online for cheap.
Do a PWC and see if he perks up a bit. How long has he been in the tank? Was it cycled?

Any info on conditions will help give clues. Sorry I'm not much help. Hope some more experienced people see your post.

API Master Test Kit is a bit pricey at $25 but a great, great investment.

Where would i get one 0,0 i dont want to buy walmart brand :(

Sorry to hear crew... It would have to be offline or the drive to lfs

Where would i get one 0,0 i dont want to buy walmart brand :(

I bought my API Master Test Kit at Petsmart for $32, but people pay less by ordering online from Amazon, sometimes as low as $18.

In my opinion, it would be a good idea to do a 50% PWC (Partial Water Change) now. Then 4 (if at all possible) to 12 hours later do another 50% PWC. Do two 50% PWC each day, morning and evening, for two to three days. Then one 50% PWC a day untill you actually buy your API Master Test Kit and can test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and use those test results to determine your future PWCs.

What is the water temp in the tank?

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

What fish are in the tank???
Until we know your exact levels of ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates, I would suggest some constant PWCs. 50% daily, if not twice a day.
Also, get some seeded media from a fish store and put it in your filter, see if that helps.
When was the last time you did a water change? In a 5 gallon it is easy for toxins to build up quickly.

Here is what helped mine- ALOT.

He had been sitting for a week, not eating, lethargic, etc.

This random fruit fly came in front of me. I was mad at something, so I gave it a good whack. It fell to the ground, yet still twitched.

I had a great idea, and popped it into my betta tank. He shot up , jumped so hard he hit the bulb fixture (off, thankfully), and ate it.

I give him a fly or insect every other day, or every 2-3 days.

Really helps him.

QP

o_O and to think i just eradacated about a few hundred of them lolololXD ill see what i can do

Derekkaine said:
Lol Walmart brand, I'm sure Walmart doesn't sell test kits.

.....go to walmart .com and loon there right there in the fiah section ........

Oh my god ................ I hate my ipod o.0 always misspelling stuffs ....and then not catching it ...

Back
Top Bottom