Betta help pls........cloudy eye and possible fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as an fyi, i did a rather large water change, ammo/nitrites/nitritates were all good 0/0/25
ph was 8.2 but comes out of the faucet that way
switched to paraguard, as Pimafix wasn't doing anything at all,
this was last night. I was running late this am, so just a quick glance the betta's eye appeared a bit better.... my daughter called later in the day about 1300 hrs, and said he looked a little better...
will continue with the paraguard.... checked with seachem and they said using full dose 5ml / 10G with a betta is fine... only thing is since i don't know the life cycle of whatever it is i am dealing with, parasite / fungus or other, not sure how long to treat him for.

My best advice to you is to STOP adding chemicals to the water. At this point, you can't know what is in the water. Have you been running carbon between meds? Frequent large water changes have proven more valuable IME. Less really can be more.

ran carbon after treating ick

My best advice to you is to STOP adding chemicals to the water. At this point, you can't know what is the water. Have you been running carbon between meds? Less really can be more.

no did not run carbon after the Pimafix, supposedly all natural from some west indian bay tree.... but as i said, it did not do a thing...

HTML:
Rapidly Treats Fungal Infections on Body and Fins. Also Treats Internal and External Bacterial Infections. PimaFix liquid is an all natural medication for fish infected with fungus and both external and internal bacterial infections. PimaFix harnesses the unique antifungal and antibacterial properties of the West Indian bay tree for a safe and natural remedy. Studies have proven that it is safe for even the most delicate fish species, including tetras, discus fry and scale-less fish, like clown loaches. It can also be used with all marine fish and invertebrates, such as live corals and anemones. It will not discolor aquarium water or aquarium sealant, affect biological filter, or cloud water.

Paraguard treats parasitic, fungal, bacterial, and viral infections, so I thought this would be a better and broader way to go....

I could run carbon and stop the meds I guess, but am worried about the betta losing sight in his eye, it really looks bad, that cloudy-blind-eye look....

still think i should discontinue?
Parasitic
Fungal
Bacterial
Viral

Last edited:
Like HN said, clean water is the best medicine, and since you didn't run carbon, you might make him sicker by putting so many meds in. Bettas can't handle meds like other fish can. :(

the betta eyes r cloudy, maybe its popeye.
his face look tore up, maybe it itch so he have to rub his face on stuff like the rock u have in the tank or the tank glass etc.

for ex. a bug bite u, u itch, than uscratch.keep scratching and ur skins will rip/come off/peel off.

plus u did say something about him having ICK.

i got some medicine water that i myself made for betta.
made out of Indian Almond Leaves to keep the water tin and i add some Herb that help heal popeyes/fungus/cut in betta. only 2 person know how to make this or know how to use it. me myself and a OLD friend from thailand.

b4 i was here, i use to live in thailand, i own a betta farm, over 30 ponds. the place was run by me n my old childhood friend. the herb we use was found in malay forest.

K, i ask some friend of my who been in the betta world for longer than i have,

one of them wrote ...

the causes of cloudy eyes can be due to poor water quality, internal parasites and sometimes vitamin-A deficiency and others...

this veiltail looks quite old too me, it could be due to aging illness...

Back
Top Bottom