Betta ich cured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Betta started out with alittle fin rot. Started getting better. I added some endler guppies and 2 Otto catfish. Then had to deal with ich. So to hospital everyone went. Mind you I had Betta in his own hospital tank and after trying a few different things (salt, heat) we were not satisfied. His tail got alittle worse. And the ich wasn't going away. So tried the transfer tank thing and just heat with clean water. It was working. Finally got to the point were ich was almost gone. So I slowly cranked the heat up to 88-90 degrees. Did that for about 2-3 hours then backed it off. Back down to 85 for 2 hours then down to 82. Then after a day I took him out of the hospital into a 10 gallon normal water and heat at 82. He's clear of ich and tail is growing back. It's been almost a week. I cleaned his old tank (the one I added fish to that caused all this) then filled it up turned the heat on as high as it went, left it there for a week. Today I dumped the water out put him back in his old tank with the water from the tank he was in, along with a 25-30% water change. Things are doing better. Fingers crossed! Just thought maybe this would help others out there suffering with the same thing. Heat a clean water is a wonderful thing. And no meds! Thumb!

Good job. Glad things are back to normal.
I'm trying. What a crash course for me! But I love Google and A.A. learn alot. And figure it out your on way. Got 2 angelfish left out of 6 I had with alittle something different I'm working on. Think it might be that internal disease from hard water and high ph I read about yesterday on here. With the angelfish that had big white spots on it. Anyways trying salt on them. Starting to look alittle better. But we'll see if it progresses more like they say it dose.

Angel
I think I remember seeing the Angel with the odd small white bumps. I don't know what that was. I know of no intestinal fish disease resulting from hard water and elevated PH. If that were the case most of my fish would be sick.
Once things level out, and you become more proficient with water management, disease will be a rarity. You might consider mixing in some inexpensive, nice looking, disease resistant fish such as Bueno Aries tetras. I've kept them on and off over the years. They probably would do well with your Angels. I don't remember them ever getting sick.

Angel
I think I remember seeing the Angel with the odd small white bumps. I don't know what that was. I know of no intestinal fish disease resulting from hard water and elevated PH. If that were the case most of my fish would be sick.
Once things level out, and you become more proficient with water management, disease will be a rarity. You might consider mixing in some inexpensive, nice looking, disease resistant fish such as Bueno Aries tetras. I've kept them on and off over the years. They probably would do well with your Angels. I don't remember them ever getting sick.
It's probably just ich. But it seem like it manufactured with 3 of My angels. They were covered in white spots and a coating of white fog look over their body and fins. It got better but then it got really bad again and them ones passed. I'm understanding more and more. And I'm getting there. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom