Betta Illness I.D.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been advising a friend on caring for her sister's betta, who recently became bloated. She thought it was constipation, so she's been feeding it peas and hoping for improvement. I warned her that it could be dropsy (though no pineconing) or a tumor, but he seemed to be getting better on the peas so we were hopeful he'd be okay.
She texted me a few minutes ago, very concerned after checking on the fish and seeing a large wound with a translucent protruding bubble-like structure. I've never seen anything like this before. I wanted to know if anyone's has any idea what it is? I'm very concerned for the little guy.
I let her know that it looks like he's going to have to be euthanized. The wound looks incredibly painful, so I've informed her of the clove oil method in case it comes to that.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.JPG.jpg
    IMG_3150.JPG.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 61
Ok, so from googling, I think that's his pyloric cacum, part of his digestive tract. I would suggest euthanasia asap, before it hemorrages further :(

Back
Top Bottom