Betta is lying on side but comes up to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry my message sent in error. He is still not swimming like he used to but has improved since Epsom was added and more water changes. Still struggles to stay afloat for long but better. But not his normal self.

It is hard to dose for smaller tanks so maybe did not add enough API fungus cure. should I try again with the fungus cure? is there another treatment I can try? I don't want to over medicate and he h

I'd try a fungus cure that includes methylene blue in the ingredients. Hopefully that clears it up after say 3 days of treatment. Generally I find fungus responds to just about any treatment (which you have already done) but fingers crossed.

After that it would be into bacterial treatments. Furan-2 if possible or say triple sulpha.

Thank you Delapool. the API fungus cure does not state if methalane blue is in it. I will check out another fungus medication that contains this. Great info. He hadn't been on any med's for over a week now so am hoping to find one that will help his tail spot which could also be causing this. I will send a future update. Thanks so much. In the mean time am keeping water clean with Indian almond leaves and just put a small driftwood in his tank which might give him a different surrounding too. You all have been so helpful.

Good luck. As mentioned above a pic will help if it persists. Hopefully as it has been reduced in size it is on the way out and your fish does well.

Back
Top Bottom