Betta sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyWanderer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have noticed for the passed few days a lump on my bettas left side. It doesn't appear to be hurting him or anything. The only weird thing I have seen him doing is laying on the floor more.

Fast him for 3-4 days and put Epsom salt in the tank. 1 TEAspoon per 5 gallons of water. It'll act as a natural laxative

Assuming it's constipation you could double the dose. If it doesn't get better you could be dealing with a parasite or bacterial infection

Is his scales starting to pop out or pineconing over a lot of his body? I can't tell from the picture

The rest of his body is fine except for the lump. The scales on the the lump are not even popped out at all.

If it isn't bloat I'd say it is possibly a sporozoan cyst or lesion/tumor in the muscle.

If it's a tumor then no. Outside of performing a surgery. Keep his water pristine. 50% water changes weekly. If it's a parasitic cyst you could try erythromycin. Even then it's hard to cure. Sorry my friend.

Back
Top Bottom