Betta torn fins help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazy4fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two bettas in a 15gallon tank with a tank divider in it and last night when I cleaned the tank I accidentally left a small corner of the tank divider up and they fought all night long! When I woke up both of my bettas fins are torn pretty badly! I quickly fixed the divider and put melafix in the water to help with the fin damage. Is there anything else I can do to help with the damage fins? I know that sometimes the fins that grow back are not as pretty as the original fins were is there anyway to help keep the fins that grow back just as pretty?? Thanks you so much!!!

Well I had a similar situation with mines... Their fins grew back as pretty as before.. It just takes a few weeks, the process is so so slow.. But they will be just fine...

Hi Crazy4fish!
The only other thing you can do, IMO. Is, feed high quality/strength/protein...etc...etc...And hope for the best. what types of bettas do you have? Shorter finned varieties grow back faster..Also, are they (or one of them) weak?
Hope I helped!

Xxnoobxx: thank you so much!!!

Mollymom: thank you I will fee them high protein food, is frozen bloodworms a good option? I have a blue crown tail betta male and a red half moon female betta. Would putting aquarium salts in the water help as well?? Thank you both so much!

Usually clean, warm, conditioned water is enough to heal up. Keep an eye on them for any infection. Melafix has been reported to be bad for labyrinth fish such as a Betta because it has tea tree oil in it so I'd stop using it.

Xxnoobxx: thank you so much!!!

Mollymom: thank you I will fee them high protein food, is frozen bloodworms a good option? I have a blue crown tail betta male and a red half moon female betta. Would putting aquarium salts in the water help as well?? Thank you both so much!

No frozen bloodworms should be treats only as they don't have much goodness to them but they seem to taste nice... I'd treat then once a week with bloodworm and try frozen brine shrimp and optimum or sakura pellets daily - they are meant to be the best for nutritional value.

Not sure about the salts... Personally I'd be patient and let them recover naturally.

Thank you so much!! I will try everything to help my bettas fin growth

Back
Top Bottom