Betta Treatment Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlasting

Aquarium Advice Regular
My oldest betta is looking very unwell all of a sudden. He's laying at the bottom gulping. He's laying more on his side, and he looks clamped but he has no stress striping. He was fine yesterday, and yesterday he and my other betta's fasted so he hasn't eaten in 24 hours and I'm not attempting to feed him tonite.

He's in a 3 gallon filter eclipse system, the temp was 82. Amonia tested 0, Nitrite was 0, Nitrate was 0 - 5.0, and pH was 7.2 (my water is always very alkaline and doesn't seem to affect the fish).

I've put him into a 1 gallon hospital tank (filled half way) with 50% of his old water and 50% new water. It's got a bubbler and mini heater. I've added some aquarium salt, water conditoner/slime coat and blackwater extract. I've put in a plant that sticks out of the top to allow him to lay on it and breath at the top if needed. What else should I put in to help him as I'm unsure of what's wrong?

I've got on hand:
-internal parasit medicated food by Jungle
-Jungle Internet Parasite Guard
-Ick guard (but i see no ick)
-Betta Ultimate water conditioner/slime coat
-Maracyn TC
-Maracyn Two
-Furan 2
-Jungle Parasite Clear Tank Buddies
-Epsom Salt

Any of this of any use?

ETA: He also looks a bit thin, as if i haven't been feeding him but he has been eating up until yesterday. Internal parasites perhaps? If so I'd still appreciate treatment options with any of the meds above.

Back
Top Bottom