Betta with Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seven

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a new betta about a week ago. The other day I noticed a white bump on one of his fins, so I put a drop of quick cure into his tank, which is about 1.5 gal. The next day, the white thing was gone, so I figured I got rid of the Ick quick and easily (newbie mistake perhaps?). Just a minute ago I looked at him, and its like overnight he got covered with the white things.

Anywho, I'm wondering what is the best way to treat it. I will keep using the quick cure daily, but what else can I do? I have seen many people here say keep it above (I think) 82 F. Due to the size of his tank though, that seems a bit hard. I do have a 50w heater not being used, but is it too much for the little 1.5 gal tank?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Does it look like hes been sprinkled with salt? Or are the white things bigger?

If it is ick, I would use Copper Safe or stick with the Quick Cure, and add some aquarium salt and do water changes every day. Clean water is the best way to prevent and help rid diseases.

ashley

I suppose they are bigger, but after seeing numerous pictures here on the site, I'm certain it's ick.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to change the water and add the aquarium salt. Just one more question, how much salt for a 1.5 gal?

Back
Top Bottom