Betta with Velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishNewbie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I asked earlier if he looked like he had fin rot, but you guys said it looked like clamped fins, someone suggested I check for velvet... well I think he has it :( A relatively small amount still, its not on his fins, only like 5 specs around his head/body... how do I treat it? and how long do I have before it may be too late (I only ask because my local pet store rarely has proper medications for fish and I can't guarentee they'll have what I need in stock... is there a natural way to fix this?

Im so confused! Yesterday the specs that I saw were kind of glittery, and orange so I assumed it was velvet. today I looked at him and all the spots were gone, I looked closer, found one and then in floated to the top of the tank... could it have just been bubbles? theres a lot of tiny specs on the top of the tank that are so small its hard to know if theyre bubbles or not... I bought the meds just in case (well I asked my mom to get them and shes coming home in a couple hours)... should I treat him for velvet just to be safe, or will it damage his immune system too much? :S

Back
Top Bottom