betta with white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for advice, recently bought myself a male betta for the past 3weeks I have noticed he has a couple of white spots on his fin, so on the safe side I turned his heater up to 30 but the spots disappear & come back? He is eating well active & no clamped fins just these spots on his fins. He's in a 3 gallon filtered tank with heater & live plants ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrate 5. Any help would be great.

shellyx said:
Looking for advice, recently bought myself a male betta for the past 3weeks I have noticed he has a couple of white spots on his fin, so on the safe side I turned his heater up to 30 but the spots disappear & come back? He is eating well active & no clamped fins just these spots on his fins. He's in a 3 gallon filtered tank with heater & live plants ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrate 5. Any help would be great.

Can you post a picture? If they disappear then come back in the exact same spot it sounds like his coloring.

Hi there,

Sounds like ick. Are you sure the nitrates are 5 ppm? Just to be sure, if you have the API Freshwater Test Kit, bang the Nitrate #2 bottle especially hard and give it a good shake before you add it.

In addition to the high temp I would also try aquarium salt.

Nitrate is 5 double checked, how much aquarium salt should I add? He's fine that's what's confusing me as my large tank had an outbreak of ick a year ago & my fish were covered in it but my betta isn't It's been 2 or 3wks now. Thanks for the advice

my betta is a veil tail and has a prominent white spot on the top of his head. he doesnt have any of the the small white dots or anything else on him just the one spot and a faint spot on his cheek. hes acting normal and eating normal and hes in a 1 gallon tank by himself with one silk plant and a small filter and stones i do complete water changes twice a week. Im fairly new to raising betta tho i tried raising a couple a few yrs ago with no luck. Ive had this one for nearly a month and hes had no problems until this. any suggestions?? Amy

Attachments

• 100_0543.jpg
    100_0543.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom