Big problem!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I woke up today to feed my fish I turned on the light to see that all my shrimp have died I had three ghost shrimp. The two females are now pink. And the smaller shrimp is just dead. What could have caused this and how can I keep it from happening agian.

I haded a root tap a month ago and I just found my albino Cory dead as well. My water as just gotten extrely cloudy the past few days and I don't know why. All the fish and shrimp were alive yesterday and very active. But other than that I think that's all of my dead fish ill check for more. Please help I do t wanna lose any more.

I haded a root tap a month ago and I just found my albino Cory dead as well. My water as just gotten extrely cloudy the past few days and I don't know why. All the fish and shrimp were alive yesterday and very active. But other than that I think that's all of my dead fish ill check for more. Please help I do t wanna lose any more.

Di a major water change ASAP. Then test the water for the usual. Could anything have hot in your tank, windex, air fresher?

Ok will do and no air freshener windex I doubt it because I used it two weeks ago but the lid was closed and I sprayed it on a paper fowl away from the tank then rubbed it on the front glass.

Ok will do and no air freshener windex I doubt it because I used it two weeks ago but the lid was closed and I sprayed it on a paper fowl away from the tank then rubbed it on the front glass.

Then that's not a possibility. Any recent changes to the tank like new substrate or a filter broke?

No all I've done was do a very needed filter cleaning to the sponge but I left the bio beads alone to save the bacteria.

No all I've done was do a very needed filter cleaning to the sponge but I left the bio beads alone to save the bacteria.

It could have been thrown into a mini cycle, not much bb on the bead IMO I like sponges better for bb. What's all your equipment?

My filter is a aqua clear 300 rated for a 40-70 gallon. My tank is a 25 gallon. And I have. A tetra heater.

No I do t have any test strips and I can't go buy some because I can't drive yet and my folks are out at work.

Ok so how would I clean the filter without it doin this agian.

Back
Top Bottom