big weird belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
For the past few days one of my BlueDwarfGourami males has had a bigger belly than usually. At first I thought he maybe ate a bit to much. Now it looks like his belly looks really weird, on one side it has two round swelling spots like he swallowed 2 rocks. I saw him scratching that side against intake pipe. His behavior is almost normal , eating and swimming , not as active as before, when he was chasing away other fish, protecting his territory .
Can anybody please explain what could this be?

This worked for me- my paradise gourami had similar symptoms- seachem prime and stability along with a half dose of melafix and pimafix. Could also be a sign that your water quality is poor. PWC's and keep chemicals to a minimum. Gourami are decently hardy fish, but still- test your water and try changing your carbon filter- if you're using one, and only rinse your biofilter in fish safe water (not from the tap) and remove any sharp gravel or decor to keep the poor guy from hurting himself too badly!! Good luck!!

This worked for me- my paradise gourami had similar symptoms- seachem prime and stability along with a half dose of melafix and pimafix. Could also be a sign that your water quality is poor. PWC's and keep chemicals to a minimum. Gourami are decently hardy fish, but still- test your water and try changing your carbon filter- if you're using one, and only rinse your biofilter in fish safe water (not from the tap) and remove any sharp gravel or decor to keep the poor guy from hurting himself too badly!! Good luck!!

Sound advice (y)

Back
Top Bottom