Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Big white pimples on Corydoras

Hallo,

something is wrong with my Corydoras sterbai and I can't find what it is.

He has about 5 grey-white big pimples on his body, some scale about his eyes and on the head are lost, his fins are crumbled and his colour is not as pure as it should be. He's behavior is normal. He is playing with other Corydoras, eating very well. At first I thought it could the white-spot disease and we were treating the tank with special medications, but no results at all.

Water parameters are good, except NO2 and NO3 are higher then it should be, but this is because the tank is quite new. Our fish has been living in new tank for eight days. Other fish is healthy (I hope they are, I don't see any abnormal behavior or physical disorders). My tank is 190 liters.

I attach a photo of my poor Cory. Now he is looking worse. I really hope somebody could tell what's wrong with him.

Sincerely,

jolita
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corydoras.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	73224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corydoras2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	73227  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corydoras3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	73228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corydoras4.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	73229  

Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

What are the pimples like? Do they have a cotton or string like substance on them? Do they appear to move?

From what it looks like I think it could be skin flukes
Sadly Cory's have issues with salt and that is the number one way to kill the parasite that causes it

Use Droncit or Formalin (good for if you are unsure about the illness) in a hospital tank to avoid spreading it

Make sure to raise the temperature four degrees /gradually/ and be sure to clean the tank well

I recommend adding Voogle Fish aid to boost the immune system of your fish; it also helps with healing skin infections and injuries

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Those pimples are solid and nothing is moving (at least I do not see). Is it dangerous to other fish? Should I treat all tank or just remove my Cory to other tank and to treat only this one?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolita View Post
Those pimples are solid and nothing is moving (at least I do not see). Is it dangerous to other fish? Should I treat all tank or just remove my Cory to other tank and to treat only this one?
It definitely sounds like skin flukes then :/ You can add voogle to the whole tank but just treat the sick Cory with the items I mentioned above; it isn't dangerous as long as it is on one fish and is quarantined asap

Tags
cory, corydora, corydoras

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com