Bio bandage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone had any experience with this? I would like to use it to treat an ulcer type would my angel fish acquired while dealing with a bout of hex. I have treated for the hex and am treating again with kanamycin flakes but it isn't getting any smaller. It's not red or infected it just isn't going away very fast. We have been battling this for over a month now. Water parameters are 7.0 0 0. I do weekly 40% changes and sporadic vacuuming a through the week to pick up poo and food...is there anything else I cado to speed this up?? Thanks!!

Yes, i have it and use it. Handy little product with a combo of meth blue & antibiotic in a water resistant (?) formula. Keep it off your hands & fingers if you dont want them blue. The only issue using it is that you have to be able to handle your fish and dry the wound area first before applying, so work quickly. Keep feeding those kana flakes, too. :)

Thanks!! That is what I was hoping for!! She acts fine and eats great I just want that ulcer to get smaller;) I'm pretty sure it was hith caused by hex. I usually treat all my new fish with the medicated flakes but I didn't her:( lessens learned I guess;) it should be here in the next day or so. I had to order it. Thought it was weird none of my lfs or petco/petsmart had heard of it... Google is my friend I suppose;) oh, can I feed those flakes too much?? This is my second dose of them with about five days off between...

You really expect someone from a chain store to have heard of this stuff?!? lol
Ok, I am not sure what the angels meds suggest for the kana flakes, but the kana med food I have you need to feed it exclusively for minimum of 10-14 days. Depending on the % of the active ingredient, they need to eat anywhere from 1-3% of their body weight daily for the med to be effective. With my stuff (Medi-Gold), you only need to feed 1% of their body weight daily.

Yeah I know right?!? It's for 10-14 days as well. I figured at least my lfs would have heard of it;) I did 14 days two weeks ago and just started it yesterday. Hopefully this will kick it;) thanks so much for your help:)

So far so good with the bio bandage. It had gotten easier to apply and the fish is getting used to me doing it and not fighting me so much;) she is a beast!! My question now: how long can I keep applying this? I have been doing once a day for prob the past four days. Im still doing the kanamycin flakes and the place looks like it is starting to show some improvement. Are there any long term things I need to watch for?? The box didn't give me this info;)

I have used the biobandage for almost 2mths before (daily) with no side effects on the same fish. As long she is being a cooperative patient, I would continue to use it until she's healed/the wound is no longer open and her natural slime coat can protect her. :)

Sounds great!! That's what I wanted to hear;) I'm glad she is starting to get used to me catching her and such. It makes things much easier seeing as my husband thinks I'm crazy for treating her anyways;)

Lol! My husband thinks the same thing.... he insists its 'just a fish, you can buy another one' and thinks Im crazy, too! :)

Back
Top Bottom