bizzare fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went away for the night on Sat. when i came back on Sun. I went to do my usual daily check on my tank...I found my Pitcus catfish "impaled" on a fake plant....It was a grass like plant the had long thin "blades of grass". The plant had gone into his gills and out his mouth...he had apparently struugled for sometime because he was all beatup and bloodied...the weird thing is he would have had to backed into the plant because it entered his gill and then came out his mouth...very weird

Oh.... poor thing. I was contemplating getting a LIVE tall grass like plant. But then again... plastic is hard and plants are softer....

Could it have died and drifted onto the plant? the body trauma caused by other fish picking at the corpse?

What a bummer... :cry:

Sorry,

Always hard to find something like that. I have to agree with Tom though it seems unlikely that the animal could have done that himself.

I'm sorry for your loss, Rocket. :(
I'm inclined to agree with TomK2's forensic analysis. All the same, it must have been a bizarre sight.

I'm sorry, it is always tough to lose a fish.

On a brighter note, I am getting the sense there are some people here ready to audition for the newest installment in the hit CBS television series. First it was CSI, then it was CSI: Miami...now it's CSI: Aquarium! 8)

Back
Top Bottom