Black angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunniez87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Alright... i am totally new here so not sure if I am even posting this in the proper place!! Well here is my issue.. I had just bought 2 angelfish yesterday from Petco (I know worst place ever, but I couldn't resist the all white and all black ones). got home let them sit in the tank for about 30 mins then started to add a tiny bit of water to the bag every 3-5 or so until I bled all the pet store water out. I wake up this morning and the black one is dead.. This is the second black angel I have gotten that has died on me ):! is it something i am doing wrong? or is it this particular angel?!

85 gallons
Water parameters are perfect
Currently housing: 4 black kuhli loaches,about 6-8 mixed varieties of small tetras,3 other angelfish,1 pleco,2 cory cats and 2 green barbs all of which are in PERFECT condition!!
Using a canister filter
tank is between 79 at night 82 during the day

first off fish tend to be very stressed after being shipped and often times will have disease when you bring them home. you should go get a 20 gallon tank and filter and quarantine all new fish otherwise your risking your whole tank getting sick. i have lost a whole tank of fish to disease from not quarantining and learned that quarantine is a must. petsmart will take back dead fish for two weeks so you could bring it back and i would advise buying a quarantine tank

I think that would be an awesome idea, to Have a qt. never thought of that before. I have two tanks and I'm treating on for bacteria infection. I guess my question is how big of tank and how long u have to keep new fish in the qt.

20-30 gallons is a good size quarantine tank and 3-4 weeks if they dont show any signs of disease, longer if you have to treat for disease.

Back
Top Bottom