Black Ghost Knife Fish has bump on side of mouth! Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

29Gsaltaquatics

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have had this Black Ghost Knifefish for over 1/2 a month and he is doing great, eating well, swimming normal, peaceful. But for the past 2 1/2 days he has this big bump on the side of mouth!
I feed him frozen blood worms, he is 3 1/2 inches long, his tank mates are not picking on him and he is not picking on them. I did move the tank a few days ago to a stand and I took every fish out and put them in a large 5 gallon bucket. Did he swallow some gravel? My gravel in sand, and the grains of sand are the size of normal fish pellets. There are no tears in his fins, he is really active! Thank You!
Tank Mates:
1 Juvenile Angelfish
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Dojo Loach
1 Twig Catfish
And 6 Serpa Tetras.

Tank Parameters:
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:1.5
pH 7.0
dKH: 3
phosphates: 0

Tank Info:
29 Gallon (I know the Knifefish gets over a foot long, I will move him someday)
Cycled 3/4 month
Cycled With Seachem Stability (works great)
Planted
PVC pipe tube for him

Experience:
Saltwater, Reef Tank, Brackish, Freshwater, Livebeariers, and Goldfish. I have bred angelfish before.
IMG_5569.jpg

Underneath his mouth there is a small bump and I think is it a very small pebble.

Ok, well it is under neath his mouth and it is the size of a small fish pellet. It has never been there before. It is only on his left side of his mouth Here is a closer lookIMG_5572.jpg

I think you have to have certain number of posts. I actually haven't seen him lately.

@nirbhao
@coralbandit
@brookster

There pretty hip on meds. I dont do meds. Fresh2o and caliban07 good too.

I really can't tell anything from that picture. Single lump is probably a cyst-- likely lymphocystitis. It's viral. The treatment is stress reduction.

Ok guys the bump on his mouth has shrunk a little bit, the white film went away after 10 minutes, he is acting normal and is swimming in the open more and eating flakes. So I think he is cured! Thank you everyone! I also resolved a high-ish ammonia problem too. Thx

Back
Top Bottom