Black Lyretail Mollie Sick?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alie1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 3 black lyretail mollies in my new tank. They have been doing great for 2 weeks, now one of them, the smallest has a white fungus looking area above her mouth. It has to have devloped quickly. I watch them every day. I'm not sure what it is, but I am concerned of it spreading and how to treat it. I am quite new to aquariums, but I am trying to learn as much as possible. I would really appreciate any advice.

Also, I have the tank at around 78 degrees, but they seem to like to hang out around or under the heater. Is this too cold for them. Everything I've read it seems like it should be ok.

Thank you. :?:

Hi.

I did have two of the mentioned fish, but one died from a similar disease you described and the other that I have now pulled through fine. I basically used a general disease killer (FinRot, ScaleLoss etc) called ' eSHa 2000'. By adding the proper dosage of this, it seemed generally to cure the molly's problems.

Try it, may work for you.

Back
Top Bottom