Black marks on tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sbradley81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have recently had one of my rainbows die with what I think is a dropsy illness. I have also just noticed that one of my tetra has black marks on it. I have no idea what these are. Can someone help? I think the pic shows it quite well.

Tank info:

70litre
NO2 - <0.3mg/l
Ammonia - 0mg/l
Temp 26 c

Any advice would be welcome!

Attachments

• image-2086668464.jpg
    image-2086668464.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 78
More pics!

Attachments

• image-3911100808.jpg
    image-3911100808.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2897708333.jpg
    image-2897708333.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 79
Idk for sure what it is but it looks similar to what my green neon tetras started out with and that turned out to be a parasitic worm. Have you added anything new to the tank recently?

Yea mine turned out to be ringworm I think, started as small black/faded patches that grew and eventually I could see the white worm in the centre of the dark patch, cleared up with treatment that I got from lfs, I would also raise the temp to around 28c for a while

Hard to say if it is the same thing from the pics, if from somewhere you can get antibiotic food I think I would try that 1st just to rule out any infections and after that if it's no better I would try some parasite treatment

Nothing new added to the tank for a long while. Just seems to have appeared!

I'm going to the shop today so I will see what they say and recommend.

Do you feed them tubifex worms? I think that's how mine got in, good luck hopefully your lfs can help more.

Not sure then sorry, I think I would treat for bacterial infection then especially as your other fish had suspected dropsy, other than that I'm out of ideas sorry. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom