Black Molly having a "seizure"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedavinator

Aquarium Advice Regular
My black Molly has been exhibiting some very erratic behavior the last two days. Today and yesterday, the second I turned on the overhead light, he began to go into some sort of fit. He'd thrash around and flip over like he was having some kind of seizure. He's never done it before that I know of. The fits usually last for about 30 second to a minute. After he's done, he goes off into a corner somewhere and rests for a bit before swimming around normally. He also did it again today when I turned on the bubble rock. He only did it for a few seconds, though. Could he just be getting startled? He is eating and everything else. He does appear to be slightly leaning to one side, though. I feel really bad for him. I tested the water yesterday and today. The nitrates were very high yesterday. I did a 30% water change and then tested it again this morning. It is a little lower, but still high. He is the only fish that appears to be exhibiting any strange behavior.

Tank specs:
29 gallons
1 black male molly
1 white female molly
2 male platys
1 female platy
1 male beta
1 plecostomus
7 molly fry
2 platy fry

Back
Top Bottom