Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
ata
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Black Moor fish maybe sick

I recently got a black moor goldfish and he is pretty small as in maybe an inch and a half. After getting him I noticed he was having white stringy poop that have been going on for a weekish. I began API general treatment on him to treat for parasites, both treatments have been administered and he seems to still be having it. The pH was 7.5 no ammonia, nitrates, nitrites. I have been fasting him during treatment and also added an Epson salt bath at one point as he was having swim bladder issues. I'm not sure if I should just treat him more or of there is some other type of thing that is going on. I have a basic 10 aqueon tank with filtration and everything bit removed the carbon filter during treatment. Is this a common issue with young fish he may grow out of or is there chance the treatment didn't work or it's something else. The treatment seems to have made him a bit more lively at min.
-Any advice is good, thank you

Old 06-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

After your done medicating with general cure try a round or two of Seachem Kanaplex.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hello, when I bought my goldies(2xfantail 1xblack moor) they were fine at first then they all had swimming issues.
Did a little research & found that they are prone to constipation(body shape & dry foods). They need some type of roughage in diet.
Started feeding boiled deshelled peas & raw cucumber 2xweekly. No issues 1+yrs. Hope this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_173107.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	313078
Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #4
ata
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.gomez View Post
Hello, when I bought my goldies(2xfantail 1xblack moor) they were fine at first then they all had swimming issues.
Did a little research & found that they are prone to constipation(body shape & dry foods). They need some type of roughage in diet.
Started feeding boiled deshelled peas & raw cucumber 2xweekly. No issues 1+yrs. Hope this helps!Attachment 313078
Hello thanks, i had tried feeding him peas at first but problems seemed to persist, did u see immediate results? I also switched to super gold which is a gel food that is good on digestion.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
ata
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
After your done medicating with general cure try a round or two of Seachem Kanaplex.
Would you recommend the bacteria or parasite one?
Old 06-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ata View Post
Hello thanks, i had tried feeding him peas at first but problems seemed to persist, did u see immediate results? I also switched to super gold which is a gel food that is good on digestion.
If i remember correctly it took about 1.5-2weeks for it to correct problem completely. Gold fish are grazzers(constantly snacking)in wild. So I try to keep a piece of raw cucumber for them to snack on + boiled pea 2xwk. Every once in a while I'll throw a bunch of anacharis plant to break routine(they'll strip it to stems).
Old 06-09-2019, 03:29 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kanaplex is Kanaplex. It should take care of dropsy issues. If it's constipation then Gomez has good advice. Personally, id dose the tank with plain Epsom salt. It's a natural laxative and works immediately. Dose 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. You can mix Epsom salt with Kanaplex.

If you aren't successful with peas or raw vegetables, feed the fish an algae based flake food such as Omega One veggie kelp flakes or pellets.

Tags
black, black moor, fish, ick, moor, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com