Black Moor one scale missing on each side. HELP PLEASE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed my large black moor has 1 scale missing on each of his sides. It is silver coloured where the missing scale should be. He is healthy in all other ways no sign of illness ie swimming well and eating (very ) well lol. His tank mates do not have missing scales (another baby black moor and a baby calico fantail) They are all eating well and show no signs of ill health. They are in a 42GALLON. I have only had the large black moor for about 3weeks I adopted him as he was gona be homeless. I intend to upgrade my tank in the future as I realise when the babies grow up they will be full capacity stock wise. I feed pellets, shrimp/blood worms and
veg and do 50% water changes every 6-7days. I only have one ornament in the tank and tend to keep more plants as I like my fish to have a lot of swimming space so not sure whether he would have scratch him self on an ornament seeing as I only have one treetrunk ornament in the tank.

water tested

nitrate 20
nitrite 0
ph 7.5
GH 220

Black Moor with missing scale is 6inches Calico is 4inches other baby Moor is 3inches.

Please don't worry, they'll grow back. Keep the water very clean (I'd change at least 75% weekly) and well filtered. If you don't see anything other injuries you're unlikely to have any problems. If there are any sharp spots on the decoration you should probably remove it, though. Hope this is helpful. :)

Back
Top Bottom