Black Moor slim coat issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always do a water change to bring the ammonia down.
In a week I would test ammonia and nitrite. You can test for nitrate but it would be too soon for this.

Agreed. Now just sit back and wait. Meanwhile, as mentioned I'd do some research on the ammonia you chose. Also, I'd get your levels as close to 4ppm as possible.

It may not take as long for things to get started since you've already had fish in your tank. As Fresh suggested, give it a week.

I need more help! I think my cycle is almost done. Nitrate is at 40-80 ppm, nitrite at 5.0 ppm and ammonia 4.0 ppm. What do i do now? 50% water change or waite?

About 2 days. I did a 50% change last week when the no2 and ammonia was supper high. 2 days later the no3 stared to jump like crazy. Now all 3 are high. What do i do now

Check your pH. If it’s normal, then let things work themselves out. Keep an eye on your pH though

Sounds good! Now all you need is patience [emoji16]. It won’t be much longer now.

So i have another question. Im pertty sure my cycle is done. The ammonia level drops to 0 in 24 hours. Ive been adding small amounts of ammonia to keep the bacteria alive. Now the NITRITE is about .50 and the NITRATE is down to about 20. Will it all ture to 0? And if so how do I keep that from happening? Going to add fish this weekend. Is it safe to add them now or must i change the water?

You’re cycle isn’t finished. I strongly suggest you wait a little longer so things can balance out.

The test i started as i was posting shows 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm NITRITE and somewhere between 20 to 40 ppm NITRATE. What do I do now? Ready? Not ready? Can i put fish in this weekend? Its been running for 6 weeks

Maybe I missed what water test kit your using but there's a color difference between 20 and 40 ppm. If you're at 20 I suppose you could add fish. Then id test the water every few days to get a water change schedule. If it's at 40 ppm I wouldn't add fish. Do another 40% water change. Then test the water the next day.

I say its between cause its hard to say if its red or orange. I know it has to between 5.0 and 20.

Back
Top Bottom