Black Moor with fungus above his mouth? (HELP!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can try salt for the fungus before you spend the money on the other items mentioned. Salt is the oldest remedy fish keepers have, but it is still a very useful one, both for aiding to heal wounds and sometimes for fungal problems that are secondary to the wounds.

It is best not to use table salt, as the additives may not be so good for fish, though I've read arguments that make sense that say it is fine too. But most recommend fresh water aquarium salt, or Kosher salt, pickling salt or even sea salt. You add salt to water you plan to add as part of the water change, making sure it is dissolved totally first. No crystals lying on the bottom.

Approximately 5 grams per litre of water. 5 grams is about a level teaspoon, and there are about four litres in a US gallon. It need not be precise at this dosage. Much higher dosage is used to treat things like Ich parasites, and then you do want to be pretty careful with dose.

It may very well clear things up in just a few days. Fish are often remarkably resilient.

And the warnings we all are saying are just because we know how fast these fish can grow. We also know how attached you can get, to any pet, wet or dry, it doesn't matter. If you care for him well, the sad fact is he is capable of outgrowing that tank before you get finish your second year.

If you are near a lake, chances are the water is pretty hard and alkaline and that's fine for a goldfish. Testing will tell you for sure, but that seems likely. What state is your college located in ?

My college is on the Finger Lakes up in New York. And for those of you arguing on this thread about releasing my fish, it's doubtful. I will probably get him a bigger tank. I was just stating that if he does become to big I would consider the options. I didn't realize you guys wanted me to get rid of my fish so badly :( I never said anything about getting rid of him! :mad:

Im speaking for both of us here I think, we don't want you to get rid of anything, were just telling you that he will either need a much much larger tank or pond very soon. Being in college and swimming in debt I don't really think a 180 gallon aquarium is in the budget. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Im speaking for both of us here I think, we don't want you to get rid of anything, were just telling you that he will either need a much much larger tank or pond very soon. Being in college and swimming in debt I don't really think a 180 gallon aquarium is in the budget. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

....so I'm going to just...well....um....right...thanks for kinda...crushing me...I guess...by the way, the fish is doing better if anyone was wondering..

Update:
Cthulu is doing 100 percent better. No more burns or anything. But apparently no one really cares much for that seeing as how there were some of you arguing about other things.
Anyway, I would really like to thank you all for your attempts to help. But in all seriousness, pick your opinions wisely for the next young college student, ok? Oh, and to the person who accused me of being a "poor college kid who can't afford anything" please don't judge because of a stereo type. Not all kids are "poor" that go to college.

Again, thank you to those who were helping me. Cthulu says thank you as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom