Black Moor with possible pop eye and fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello again! It's been a while and just so busy. I still manage to read through the posts though. Always such good info. Anyway I thought it would be a good time for a update. Everyone is doing well. Ms. Peepers eye is still big but it's no worse and she's seemed pretty happy as of late. I haven't done any salt baths since they were spawning and still are off and on. I don't really want to stress her out either because it really doesn't seem to bother her. They white spot in her eye also went away. I narrowed the water gulping to the pro gold food and stopped giving them that. I do still have some sitting and water gulping off and on so maybe I'll need to do the prazi at some point. Diesel is definitely turning gold. I have some pics of both of them to post. He's also gotten bigger which I'm thrilled about. They both have, but I thought Diesel was just stuck his little self so it's great to see! It's amazing what we do for our animals. My cat decided to come sit on my arms as I'm typing this and I have to look around her to see my phone but do I move her? Nope! :) Also I've got most of the gravel out, probably one more scoop out and I'll be free. My ph has stayed at 7.5 with the crushed coral but I am still having slight ammonia so I'm just keeping up with water changes. Hopefully when I get a second filter that will solve the problem! Thanks Jessica for all of your help!

image-34499600.jpg

Above is Diesel. I love that orange streak on his fin. I've been telling him he looks pretty badass!

image-565927909.jpg

His orange spot on his fin has gotten bigger over the last 2 weeks!

image-3013146880.jpg

Ms. Peepers above nice and big!

image-1923964710.jpg

Both of my babies doing well! Now I need to go post about the tropical tank I've taken over from a friend. :) I just couldn't leave well enough alone!

Hello! I have the Aqua Prazibbut I'm probably going to give that to my stepdad for his pond and buy PraziPro so I don't have to worry about getting it diluted properly and using it on a smaller tank. Also i think it would benefit his pond. Any thoughts on what size bottle I should get for a 46 gallon? Does it expire? The babies are still doing some sitting and getting air at the top so I think it's time to give it a shot. Thanks!

Everyone looks great! Diesel is well on his way to becoming completely orange!! This is always a fun process to watch- make sure you take lots of pics because you will wake up one day and come to the realization your 'black' moor is now orange!

Prazipro is a lot easier to use than the powdered prazi (which needs to be dissolved in vodka). They sell it in 1oz, 4oz and 16oz bottles. I would either get 2-3 4oz bottles or a 16oz bottle. I think the expiration on these is a couple of years but it does not go 'bad', just loses its potency. You will need to dose at 5mg/l (or 1 tsp/5mls per 10g) so for a 46g, it would be 4.5 tsps. Big water change before dosing/redosing. Its very safe and will not affect your good bacteria. Please ask if you have questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom