Black Moore acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandaNaruse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, so I’m a beginner fish keeper and not too sure what to do.

So I got a new set up around 3 months ago, I got a black Moore, a comet and 2 suckling loaches. I have a 30 litre tank (currently waiting to get my next decent pay day to upgrade) literally just after I bought them all, about a day or two after my friend surprised me with 2 platies and 5 mountain minnows. I didn’t have the heart to tell her I needed a bigger tank, and I didn’t have the money to upgrade at that time so I just had to pop them in. I know the tank isn’t acceptable for them all but I’m working on it.

However for the past few months my fish have been happy and thriving but after I replaced old decor and added some new decor during a thorough water change which I was told to do by pet store advisors and also various people on other pages, I acclimated my fish all was fine but I noticed poor old Goku (the black moore) just dropped to the bottom, all fins tucked in. At first I thought it was just clamp fin, after a few hours I noticed white spot, I planned on asking for help in my local pet store the next day. But due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn’t make it and a day or two later I noticed fin rot, but the white spots had disappeared, So literally everything happened very fast.

I ran to the store and bought interpret fungus and fin rot treatment but after adding that into my tank, about 1 hour or so later he had extremely long very fine poo stuck to him. I’m kinda just losing hope for my poor baby at the moment but I’m doing everything I can. I don’t get paid until Friday so I’m just hoping he can hang on until then.

Can anyone give me advice on how to make him well again? I miss his sassy personality and his cute big fins.

Ps, he’s only about an inch to 2 inches in size. :fish2::fish2:

Last edited:
Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I’m not sure how to treat him, I added the fin rot treatment into the tank with everyone in there, because I was told to do so, but I’m nervous to keep adding and adding medication, will it harm the others in any way? I was going to quarantine him but I don’t have a spare filter for the other tank ?

Fin rot treatment will do nothing for parasites or ich. You need to treat with a specific medication for parasites. Make sure you take the carbon out of your filter when treating. Also if it's parasites you need to treat the whole tank in case it already spread.

Can you load pics?

Prazipro for parasites
Kanaplex and Metroplex for fin rot and other potential problems (they can be used at the same time).
Paragaurd for ich

Are they to be added daily or once a week etc? The box doesn’t say anything at all. I’m going out t buy some parasite medication from my ifs today :)

Are they to be added daily or once a week etc? The box doesn’t say anything at all. I’m going out t buy some parasite medication from my ifs today :)
What box or brand are you talking about. The ones I listed all give instructions on dosage.

Back
Top Bottom