black skirt tetra bloated or preggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
one of my black skirts looks bloated but im not sure if he or she is pregnant or sick. swims fine but the other black skirts are niping at ?her?
help??

Well we probably need to see a picture first. Could you describe your setup and water parameters more too?

55g
ammo 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 20
ph 7.6
im trying to get a pic but I cant...

Your parameters are fine. Once we get a picture or an accurate description of the fish, we probably can help more!

You definitely know its a female? How is she acting? How long has her belly been like this? Does she poop? Does she eat? Does she always seem hungry?

I think its a female cause her fins arent as elabrate as the males. oh id say about 4 weeks?? I just noticed it more today. eats. swims normal. acts a lil fiesty.

awilson133 said:
I think its a female cause her fins arent as elabrate as the males. oh id say about 4 weeks?? I just noticed it more today. eats. swims normal. acts a lil fiesty.

Next, I need to know if she poops.... I'm no expert on fish and being pregnant. But she very well could be sick. Google your tetras breeding cycle.

MABJ said:
Next, I need to know if she poops.... I'm no expert on fish and being pregnant. But she very well could be sick. Google your tetras breeding cycle.

yes she poops.

Back
Top Bottom