Black Spot on Both Sides of Silver Dollar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcedAngelKiss

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Silver Dollar has a black spot on both sides of body in the same spot. It almost looks like it indents a little bit...weird part is it's not always there, some times it fades and other times is dark...I've tried to take a picture and he won't stay still (camera shy) ;)
I looked it up and it kind of looks like what they call a chemical burn but I haven't put any chemicals in the water other than the water conditioner.
Anyone have this happen to their fish?
I did a test on the water and everything is fine, even the pH, nothing has changed.
Thank You!

If its the same spot on both sides of the body, I would doubt that its chemical burn. It could just be patterning... I have seen some silver dollars with black spots over their entire bodies.

Just incase though... Have you done a water test recently? Chemical burns can come from too much ammonia in the water.

It's the weirdest thing, it's not always there...When I woke up and fed him this morning he had it and it was dark, now looking at him in the tank it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom