Black Tetra Can't Keep Balance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HalfmoonLove

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I think it might be a swim bladder problem. It looks like she cannot keep afloat, she's having to swim upwards in small bursts. She floats down a little, then swims upwards a bit, then floats downwards again. My black tetra is quite old though; she's almost eight years old.

Please help, and thank you

I think it might be a swim bladder problem. It looks like she cannot keep afloat, she's having to swim upwards in small bursts. She floats down a little, then swims upwards a bit, then floats downwards again. My black tetra is quite old though; she's almost eight years old.

Please help, and thank you
I just had this problem with my fish. I was told to isolate her in another tank if possible, and feed her a pea. The pea has to be builded and shelled I believe. It should help cleanse her system. My problem was that I couldn't get my fish to eat it. I think you can do a frozen pea as well. I hope she gets better! Don't feed her. It'll just back her up more.

Thank you

My fish is not constipated though, her stomach is very skinny. I will try anyway

Thank you

My fish is not constipated though, her stomach is very skinny. I will try anyway
I know, but my fish had swim bladder disease and I Googled it and the most I could find was about the pea, multiple sources.

I tried feeding her a pea, but she was too busy trying to stay afloat to eat it! Any suggestions?:(

Back
Top Bottom