Black tetra crisis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyboy6921

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I’m new to the whole maintaining a small ecosystem in my home thing. I have a 55gal tank with a variety of fish. Recently I have noticed though that my 4 black tetras have begin to have what looks like bubbles on their bodies. Any advice on this issue?

ok...so its ich and i've read that raising the temp steadily to above 86 degrees will kill these parasites is there a link that will tell me whether or not me other fish will be able to handle it? if not maybe those of you pros out there might know. I have a black knife ghost fish, 3brichardi (small), 2 cichlids(small), 2 placos, 3 tigers barbs, the black tetras (currently infected), 3 platys, and some snails

Raise the heat slowly to 87-88F and add aeration or lower the water level a bit. Leave the temps up for 2 weeks AFTER the last spot of ich is gone. Your fish will be fine at those temps with increased aeration for the duration of the treatment.

Bubbles on the body sounds very different than little white spots. A photo would help or clarifying what exactly they do look like. Also, water parameters would be helpful.

it is definatly more like white spots then bubbles. my ammonia is 0 and ph between 7-7.5

Don't mean to be picky, but knowing all the parameters...NitrItes, NitrAtes also would be helpful. If the problem stems from water issues, all the treatment in the world won't make it go away.

Parameters of the water will help us determine if there is a problem that can cause the ich to return. The heat treatment will work in getting rid of the ich. That being said, it can return if there is an issue with the parameters.

Back
Top Bottom