Bladder Bloat Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vcorey04

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am sure many have encountered this, now i need their advice..

while we were away, the roommate overfed the beta ignoring my instructions of 4-6 pellets...

weird.

anyways, he's not fully swimming crooked, but he isn't as aggressive with his personality as he was when we left. :(

i'm worried though. when we got back there were many pellets on the gravel, and many others that didn't make it into the bowl...

i read somewhere that a frozen pea will help, and another place that says to starve the guy for three days in clean water...

can you please confirm the pea/treatment or suggest any others?

First start with a water change. Then feed a frozen pea, nuke for a second and peel. Make sure the portions are bite sized. What size tank is he in?

o, he's in a little hanging bowl night light type deal

also, if he doesn't have blatter bloat, will the frozen pea hurt him?

WHY does the frozen pea method work??

ok...dropped little bits of frozen pea in there.. they all ended up on the bottom.. i don't think he will eat it from the bottom...

No he won't eat them from the bottom. The peas won't harm him. He needs a larger tank to be in than a bowl. You should be changing his water daily in that bowl. Add a pinch of epsom salts after the water change.

He should really have 2 gals (5 would be better) a heater and a filter.

Back
Top Bottom