"bleeding" on a gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some things from an old fish tank I took down awhile ago. So there are plenty of 'bubbles' now. I think I am going to go for an electic thermometer, the kind that has a probe you put in the tank and the reader is outside though.. I mean, it's electric

Everyone is looking ok, my gourami has been busy hiding in the plants at the top. The paroon is getting back to his old self a little, as in he is chasing everyone else away from his corner and is eating all the food. And the ich attack is almost all-gone visually! It was all over one day and I only see about 1/4 of that on the paroon, who was hit hardest. The two kuhli loaches are under the gravel, but I saw a little of one this morning and it's stomach wasn't so outright nasty.

I appreciate all of your help and ideas very much. Just another two weeks and I can bring my temperature back down *phew* But it's especially reliving to be able to all of the paroons eyes. He was almost covered half-way up on both, he can see now though :) His head is rather clear also. The major scare is over.

Once again, thanks for all the help everyone.

(will keep a quick update everynow and then)

If the paroon is the fish in your avatar, then I hope you plan on upgrading to a HUGE tank or pond. (at least 600 gallons)

I didn't know he was getting to be 3.6 feet plus (I ahve also heard nearly 8 feet!) until after I bought him. One of the LFS in my town was so completely honest with me. They said he would get big enough to eat guppies, not my arm. Plus I have to leave for college in 3 years and no one in my family would take care of them for me except my oldest brother who has a very good fish tank set-up, at college that is. I would have to ship my fish to him or... So I have to start getting rid of fish, I will have to try and sell or give back the paroon to the LFS.

I would definitly consider a pond except the winters in my town are rather harsh, we get snow over 3 1/2 feet some years... but I will pull through wish my fish tank till last possible moment, and hope Yallow, my paroon, doesn't decide to have a growth spurt, or any considerable growth anytime soon. but with all the food he eats, his growth seems inevitable.

I am glad things are turning for the better too! It's a relief.

If anybody is in southern oregon two months from now (need to get my tank back into shape) and wants some free fish.... *tear*

Yay! Glad things are turning around for your fish!

Re: the paroon...I bought a couple of gold severum on impulse a while back, not realizing how big and hungry they would get (I have little, vulnerable neon tetras in my tank). I kept them long enough so that they grew a lot and were very healthy-looking and plump. As a result, I ended up getting much more in trade from the LFS than I expected. Hopefully your LFS will take the paroon back and give you a good deal.

I wonder if when my paroon gets larger (8"-1 foot) if he could be moved to an acutal pond. My friend owns a farm and they have a pond.. but I somehow don't think that would work very well. but perhaps the lfs might take a look at him, and hopefuly buy him for more then i paid (9.99) The one I bought him from will let me take in my extra guppies in for credit. So maybe they will feel the same way about him...

Back
Top Bottom